Yaesu FT-817ND Yaesu HF/6m/VHF/UHF 5W Backpack Transceiver
The Yaesu FT-817ND is the worldäó»s first self-contained, battery-powered, Multi-mode Portable Transceiver covering the HF, VHF, and UHF bands!
For more than 4 decades, Yaesu has been a world leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance multi-mode base station and mobile transceivers, as well as FM handhelds.Yaesu broke new ground with the introduction of the FT-817: the worldäó»s first HF/VHF/UHF self-contained battery-powered Multi-mode Portable Transceiver. Providing up to five watts of power output, the Yaesu FT-817ND is designed for operation on the 160-10 meter HF bands, plus the 6 meter, 2 meter, and 70 cm bands. Whether your preferred operating mode is SSB, CW, AM, FM, Packet, or SSB-based Digital modes like PSK31, the Yaesu FT-817ND is ready to join you on your next hiking, camping, or search-and-rescue adventure!
Now the Yaesu FT-817 legacy is even better with the introduction of the FT-817ND, which includes coverage of the U.S. 60-meter (5 MHz) band, and it also includes a 1400 mAh NiMH Battery pack (FNB-85) and NC-72B Charger!
Ultra Compact HF/VHF/UHF Multimode Rig Despite its incredibly small size (5.3" x 1.5" x 6.5"), the Yaesu FT-817ND delivers big performance! Its next-generation PA puts out five watts on all HF bands, plus the 50 MHz, 144 MHz, and 430 MHz bands, on all popular operating modes: USB/LSB/CW/AM/FM/Packet/PSK-31/RTTY.
Wide Receiver Frequency Coverage Enjoy shortwave and FM broadcasts, , public safety communications, and airband calls thanks to the extended frequency coverage of the Yaesu FT-817ND, which includes reception on 100 kHz - 56 MHz, 76 - 108 MHz (W-FM only), 108 - 154 MHz, and 420 - 470 MHz.
Two Antenna Connectors for Ease of Installation The front panel of the Yaesu FT-817ND includes a convenient BNC connector for attachment of a whip or VHF/UHF rubber flex antenna (supplied). The rear panel of the FT-817ND includes a type äóìMäó� (äóìSO-239äó�) connector. As shipped from the factory, the BNC jack is active on 50/144/430 MHz, while the äóìMäó� connector is active on HF. But using the Menu, you can assign, for example, 50 and 144 MHz to the rear panel, if your coaxial cables have matching plugs.
FT-817ND Receiver Enahncement Features äó¢ IF Shift äóñ For reduction of adjacent-frequency interference. äó¢ IF Noise Blanker äóñ For reduction of ignition and other impulse-type noise. äó¢ IPO (Intercept Point Optimization) äóñ Bypasses RX Preamp on HF/50 MHz for improved performance during strong-signal conditions. äó¢ ATT (Front End Attenuator) äóñ For more pleasant reception of very strong signals.
Outstanding CW Features äó¢ CW äóìSemi Break-in,äó� with T/R recovery delay programmable from 10 ms - 2500 ms. At 10 ms setting, performance emulates QSK operation. äó¢ CW Reverse: provides BFO injection from LSB-side, instead of default USB-side. äó¢ CW Pitch Control: adjusts TX offset and (identical) sidetone between 300 Hz and 1000 Hz in 50 Hz steps; this allows precise spotting on DX stations. Sidetone level is adjustable. äó¢ Built-in Electronic Keyer, with speed adjustable between 4 WPM and 60 WPM, and Weight (Dot:Dash Ratio) adjustable between 1:2.5 and 1:4.5. äó¢ For emergency use, the Yaesu FT-817ND Menu allows you to set up the Microphoneäó»s UP and DWN keys for generation of äóìDotsäó� and äóìDashesäó� on CW!
Versatile, Easy-To-See Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) A wealth of information is available on the Yaesu FT-817ND front panel LCD: äó¢ When you have to be away from the FT-817ND for a few minutes, but would like a visual indication of activity while youäó»re away, activate the Spectrum Scope Monitor. The Spectrum Scope Monitor allows you to watch activity Œ±5 channels from the current operating frequency. äó¢ The LCD illumination colour may be set to either Blue or Amber colour, using the Menu. äó¢ Watch for low battery trouble using the Battery Voltage Meter display selection. äó¢ For ease of viewing while outdoors, you can double the size of the frequency display
High Performance CollinsŒ¬ Mechanical Filter Options An optional filter slot is provided in the Yaesu FT-817ND, allowing the owner to install one of two available CollinsŒ¬ Mechanical Filters. For CW operation, choose the 7-pole YF-122C (500 Hz bandwidth), or for very natural-sounding SSB select the 10-pole YF-122S (2.3 kHz bandwidth).
Internal Battery Power The Yaesu FT-817ND is the only rig in its class with internal battery operation capability. Shipped from the factory with a battery tray for 8 "AA" batteries, the FT-817ND may also be operated from the optional FNB-85 Ni-Cd battery pack. Full power output is available under battery power. Other manufacturers make you carry around a heavy external power source. . .but the FT-817ND is entirely self-contained, making it ideal for backpacking or search-and-rescue work.
* TX Frequency 160-10m, 6m, 2m, 70cm
* RX Frequency 100kHz - 56MHz, 76 - 154MHz, 420 - 470MHz
* Power output 5W SSB/CW/FM with 13.8V External DC
* 1.5W AM carrier
* 2.5W SSB/CW/FM with 9.6V Ni-MH or 8xAA batteries (AM 0.7W)
* Operating Modes USB, LSB, CW, AM, FM, WFM, Digital (AFSK), Packet (1200/9600 FM)
* Digital Modes RTTY, PSK31-U, PSK31-L & user defined USB/LSB (SSTV, PACTOR etc)
* Case Size 135 x 38 x 165mm (WHD)
* Weight 1.1kg (Now with Ni-MH batteries & charger)
* Two colour LCD Multi-function Display (Blue/Amber)
* Bargraph Metering of Power Output, ALC, SWR and Modulation
* Optional Narrow CW and SSB Filters
* AGC Fast-Slow-Auto-Off Selection
* RF Gain/Squelch Control * Built-in Noise Blanker
* IPO (intercept point optimisation) and ATT (receiver front end attenuator)
* Dual VFOs, Split Capability, IF Shift and RIT (Clarifier)
* Wide/Narrow FM Selection
* AM Aircraft Reception
* Dedicated SSB-based Digital Mode for PSK31 on USB/LSB, AFSK RTTY etc.
* Built-in Electronic Keyer with Semi-Break-in (adjustable down to 10ms delay)
* Adjustable CW Pitch; CW Paddle Normal/Reverse Connection Selection
* Built-in VOX
* Built-in CTCSS and DCS
* ARTS (Auto Range Transponder System)
* Smart Search (automatic memory loading system)
* Spectrum Scope * Front and Rear Panel Aerial connectors (BNC on front, SO-239 on back)
* 200 Regular Memories, plus Home Channels and Band Limit (PMS) memories
* Alpha-Numeric Labelling of Memory Channels
* Automatic Power-Off (APO) and Tx Time-Out-Timer (TOT)
* Rear Panel Data, Accessory and Key jacks
* CAT System Computer Control Capability (4800/9600/38400bps) and Cloning Capability
* Supplied with 1A battery pack and 500mA battery charger.
Options: Yaesu MH-31A8J Hand Mic, Yaesu FBA-28 Dry Cell Case, Yaesu YHA-63 6m/2m/70cm Antenna, Yaesu FNB-85 Ni-MH Pack, Yaesu NC-72U AC Charger 500mA, Yaesu YF-122S Collins SSB Filter, Yaesu YF-122C Collins CW Filter, Yaesu TCXO-9 High Stab Filter, Yaesu MH-36E8J DTMF Hand Mic, Yaesu CT-62 CAT Interface Cable, Yaesu CT-39A Packet Cable.